EM/Youth

For the Everlasting Crown

페이지 정보

작성자 카마리오한인연합감리교회 작성일20-01-13 23:32 조회1,122회 댓글0건

본문

1 Corinthians 9:24-27 

24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. 25 Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. 26 Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. 27 No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize. 

The purpose that we have in Christ is different from the purpose of the world. 

It is not to become more successful than others. It is to make other people successful. 

It is not to survive and prosper, but to be saved and to be more like Jesus. 

Just like an athlete has a crown for his/her victory, we will also have a crown for achieving this purpose in Christ. And this crown is not perishable. It is everlasting. Christ was crowned with many crowns because of the cross that he took for the world. We must follow his example by taking our own crosses and follow Jesus. 

However, there are many obstacles when we try to follow Jesus. Our own laziness, desire, bad habits, selfishness... our sinful nature that has not left us entirely is holding us down. However, with the help of the Holy Spirit, we can overcome those obstacles, if we want to. If we bring ourselves to God and pray to rely on God, God will help us to deny ourselves for the purpose that we have in God. And someday, we will be crowned with the everlasting crowns that Jesus himself will put on our heads. 

Amen. 

모바일 버전으로 보기